After a much needed break, I'm back to tell the story.
This time, the stories a little different. Why? You ask. Well, to start with, I think that God made my post from yesterday disappear. Getting up off the couch made me go to my purse for something where I found the MercyMe CD that I had just bought yesterday morning but forgotten about. I bought it for a song called 'Bring the Rain' that I had heard the guys talking about it on KLOVE a few weeks back. So anyway, I put the CD in and skipped right to the song. I came to tears after listening for only a few seconds. You really need to hear the entire song but here's just the first part:
I can count a million times
People asking me how I can praise You
with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You
Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray
Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise you
Jesus bring the rain
Talk about having a major attitude adjustment!!
So where everything stands after Tuesday, is that we'll be paying $325 a month in child support and also taking turns on paying for day care. We also had to add Micah to our health insurance. Adding him though, requires that Micah's with us 50% of the time and, on paper, we're no where close to that. So we're going to have to sit down with Marci about having it changed or we will have to drop him from our insurance. I really have no idea which way she will go on this but Luis and I have started praying for her. I've had to ask God to completely change my attitude about and with her. It's not good at all.
So with all this on our plate, we've had to look for extra ways to cut back each month and I am also working more hours at the hospital. Working 830am - 11pm makes for a really long day! But we'll make it.

5 comments:
Kim, be thankful you have a job where you CAN work more to get more! I know you must be tired...but this too shall pass! I'm praying for you and your family. Hang in there...and keep your pants on! :) hehehe!
what in the world? did carrie just tell you to keep your pants on? oh my gosh! it's a good thing she doesn't have a blog!!!
i was going to say the same thing she said about at least you can work longer hours. believe me!.. we know about cutting back. my husband is the best at that!! the things you do for your kids! i'll be praying for you...and keep us posted.
Shan...it's a Ridgecrest thing! :)
gotcha!!! ;)
i had to explain the comment to luis and he didn't find it near as funny as i still do. i had to end the conversation with, "i guess you had to be there".
Post a Comment