Monday, December 1, 2008

Black Friday



Mariela and I were able to get away and go on a little Black Friday Adventure! I have never in my like darkened the doorway of a store on Black Friday but I made up for it this year! There's an outlet mall just next to her house that opened at midnight, and we were there when the doors opened. Well, we were a few minutes late. We shopped from midnight to 6am!
We left the mall at 430 and in a moment of sleep deprived decision making, decided to go to Walmart "really quick and get groceries for breakfast". So, of course, we have no problem getting what we need since there's no one on the planet interested in groceries at 5am on Black Friday. Our moment of clarity about our decision came when we were attempting to get into the checkout line. Everyone else had toys and electronics and there we stand with cereal, milk and bagels. The lady at the checkout even asked, "did you guys really get up at 5am for groceries?". We then proceeded to tell her what huge dorks we were for even considering the idea of coming in the door! We finally made it home and climbed in the bed at 6am. Friday was Russell's birthday and I didn't want to sleep the day away, so I only got 1 hour of sleep that night/morning. It was worth it though. I should get a Mommy of the day award or something!




Getting Russell ready for the day after his morning bath and 1 hour of sleep.

0 comments: