Today was my first day back to work at the hospital where I could actually have direct patient care. The 2nd room that I walked into was of a little girl with burns going for skin grafts tomorrow. On the spur of the moment, without any preparation of my own, I had to prepare her family for going through that experience. The mom of the patient is a friend of a friend, so she was somewhat up to speed on what all had happened to me. About halfway through pre-oping her and her husband, I had to stop and apologize because I couldn't remember everything associated with going to surgery. The ICU nurses that took care of me tell me that memory probs from all the sedation drugs are normal. I felt really awful but at least it was with someone that I could just say, "you know, I just can't remember". They had several questions that I just couldn't recall the answers to. I even asked one of my nurses the other day where the Kleenex were kept ... the supply closet! HELLO! I had to send out an email that afternoon to my nurses warning them about my memory problem because I know I'm going to be asking lots of questions that I should already know the answers to. They pick on me about getting old and turning 30 in a few months so this memory trouble has only given them fuel for the fire!! My afternoon was consumed with vomit and porn in the playroom. At the same time that I was notified about a teenage boy looking at porn on the computers, I had a little girl puking all over the place. What possesses someone to access porn on a public computer in a playroom at a CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL! I couldn't believe it! There was a volunteer to help clean up the puke girl but I had to handle the porn ... and in Spanish no less. He claimed to not speak any English. I had to get someone to translate for me. I need Luis to teach me Spanish so bad but he may get a little nervous when I need to know how to say porn in Espanol!
TGIF, MOTHER HUGGERS (Miami Newborn Photography)
13 years ago

5 comments:
Sounds like you had a busy first day back!! I think pregnancy killed some of my brain cells (no comment Carrie!) Plus turning 30 this year didn't help either!! It will get better!!
I'm dreading 30 but since it's coming whether I want it to or not, guess I should pull up my big girl panties and get over it! :)
pull 'em on up girl!!
Yea girl, pull 'em on up. I turned 31 this year and believe me, it's not bad at all.
Well, I'm starting to get more excited about it. I have a feeling that 30 is going to be a good year for me!!!
Post a Comment