
I added a new member to my family about 6 weeks ago. His name is Urban Addai Russell and he's the cutest puppy on the planet! I have never had a puppy but have always had older, more subdued dogs. This little guy is WILD, which leads me to ask whether or not they make sedatives for animals. Does Benadryl work on dogs? I'm so kidding! Don't let the pic fool you, he's a complete wild man. Other than paying for puppy discipline classes, I'm at a loss as to how to train him. Any ideas?? When I got him in November, I was hoping by the time that I returned to work, he'd be potty trained and good to go but we're still working on that. He's catching on, slowly but surely, that barking at the door leads to going outside where he can do his business. When I was talking to my brother about the potty training issue, he suggested the old "putting Cheerios in the toilet" trick ... he didn't realized Urban was a dog. I want him to train as a Pet Therapy Dog. I see how much the kids at the hospital love our Pet Therapy nights and being that he's not going to get any bigger, he'd make a great lap dog. He needs to calm down though. It probably wouldn't be a good thing if Urban bit the patients!
TGIF, MOTHER HUGGERS (Miami Newborn Photography)
13 years ago

1 comments:
Yep, they make ADD medicine for dogs!! I have a friend who has a dog on it. What about crate training? I have a friend who did that too..but I don't really know anything about it. Sorry...I'm not much help. Good luck!!!
Post a Comment