Thursday, January 12, 2006

TV star!


In a few months, I'll be making my television debut ... if I don't end up on the cutting room floor. They were shooting an OU MEDICAL CENTER commercial today and my department was able to be in it. Bob Stoops (OU head football coach, for all you non-football fans) is our "spokesperson" so, of course, he was in the commercial too. It was a pretty fun day ... didn't do much work at all! I've met Bob about 100 times now so it was no big deal for me but Luis owes me big time!! They needed kids to be in the commercial and we really didn't want to impose on any patients that were actually there and probably feeling yucky, so Hannah and Micah were able to participate. They had a blast too. The theme of the commercial was "sometimes laughter is the best medicine". Hannah and Micah were the ones to dump confetti on Bob, like the players do at the end of a game with gatorade. We made a huge mess but hopefully it'll be good. I was pretty sure that my scars would prevent me from being in the commercial all together but I was in one of the longer shots that they did so who knows if I'll actually be in it. Bob and I talked about my surgery and everything that has happened recently. He came to see me while in the hospital for my first surgery back on Christmas Eve of '03 so he needed an update. Yea, we're tight like that! :) Darren took a pic of me and Luis with Stoops but I haven't gotten it from him yet. I'll post it when I do.

3 comments:

Shandra said...

my niece would be so jealous! they are BIG OU fans and she LOVES Stoops! that's neat!

Anonymous said...

Gig 'em!

Kim said...

Hey! No Texas references! ;)