Monday, April 24, 2006

Dodging Tornadoes!

There's nothing like Oklahoma weather! That's the one thing that I've had to adjust to. It changes so stinking quick around here! Take tonight for instance ... I took the kids to Chili's for dinner and when we entered the restaurant, it was a perfect spring night but by the time that we left (only about an hour later) we were rushing home to watch the TV to see where the 2 confirmed and "on the ground" tornadoes were. They were still pretty far out of the city but the projected path of the storm was coming right on up our way. Thank goodness that the tornado died out before it got to us. It was just A LOT of rain and some small hail. Micah's mom was at the house when we got there from dinner and as soon as we realized that the storms were headed our way, we started cleaning out the 2 hall closets ... just in case. Hannah was so scared that she wouldn't go to sleep in her bed. She actually fell asleep curled up in the bottom of the closet and Luis had to get her out and put her to bed. Two different friends called to check on me because I'm scared to death of bad weather and, well, tornadoes just terrify me. Pretty funny that God led me to live right smack in the middle of tornado alley!!!! You can't tell me that God doesn't have a good sense of humor. At the point that Amber called, all I could think about was my wedding dress!! I picked it up from the store last week and it was here at my apartment, which was right in the heart of the storms path! I had my family and Urban with me so the next thing to worry about was my dress getting blown away!! And I have to admit that I took a permanent marker and wrote my name and phone number on Urban's pet carrier, should he get blown away and need to be returned! I know ... I need help!

1 comments:

Shandra said...

i just hate bad weather!