OK, so I have something that I need to confess ...
I've been randomly checking our wedding registries and today I saw that gifts have already been purchased. I got so excited that I had to call Luis and tell him. I know! We're just big goofballs! We have no showers on the calendar yet with everything still being 4 months away, so we were both surprised that gifts were already being bought. So anyway, the dilemma came to mind ... what happens if these gifts are being mailed to us and not being saved up for a wedding shower?? Since Luis already has a house, we decided that the shipping address for our registries would be to his place. It wouldn't make any sense at all to have them shipped here and then just move them over with everything else. So am I being completely girly and selfish if I want him to not use the items until we get married and I'm there to share in the usage??!! I really don't want him to be using OUR gifts for months before I get to move in and use them as well. Let's face it, he's a guy and there's a good chance that our new stuff could be broken or just lost all together before I move in. Then I start to think about what we do with everything from the showers ... do we just pile it up in the corner and not start using it until after we're married?? What did all you married girls (and guys ... if there are any out there reading this) do or am I just making this all out to be a big deal for nothing??
TGIF, MOTHER HUGGERS (Miami Newborn Photography)
13 years ago

3 comments:
Kim, I did the same thing! I looked on Dillards.com and saw everything I got before hand. LOVED IT! It's too exciting not to! HA! I wouldn't want him using that stuff before me either. I would wait because what if you get 2 of something and want to take something back? That happened to me. Also, I got the same thing from 2 different stores, so I would have to take one back. I did this most at Dillards because 2 months after your wedding date, you can get anything/everything from your registry for 20% off. Even if you don't tell anyone you registered at Dillards, register there so you can get a discount on stuff. Ok, enough rambling! Glad you are having fun!!!
I would DEFINITELY store it all in a bedroom or something and make him wait! If he's like any other guy he doesn't care anyway.
Everyone looks on their registry. Those who say they don't are liars! :)
I mentioned it today to him (about saving it all til I moved in) and he's okay with that. guess i was worried for nothing!
Post a Comment