Tuesday, July 18, 2006

My trip to Texas

It was SOOOO good to get away from here for the weekend but I was just looking forward to seeing Luis. I left here last Thursday with the kids and we headed south to Texas. I dropped the kids off with Luis' mom in Denton and so Luis and I were able to spend the weekend together. We did a whole bunch of nothing and it was so nice!! Friday, we pretty much just hung out at the hotel and then we went to the mall for a little shopping. Saturday, we went up to Lake Texoma for the day. I have volunteered for summer camps for as long as I can remember and the one here that I participate in, is called Camp Cavett. It's a hospital supported camp and any child that's been a patient at OU MEDICAL CENTER can attend. It's so much fun to see my patients having fun and being kids. Here's some pictures from our day trip. The kids have specific "challenges"during the week and when we were there, the kids were having boat races with boats they made from cardboard and duct tape. With all that's going on in my life right now, I needed a good laugh and this event provided the entertainment that I needed. These 2 little boys weren't about to give up, even though their boat had obviously collapsed. The one little guy that's still paddling just cracked me up. And just for the record ... it was a girls team that won!

It was a very good weekend and I think that I really needed to just get away!! I can't wait for the honeymoon! I'm so overdue for a vacation!

We're just about to the 10 day mark! I'm updating my blog while procrastinating on making our wedding programs. Getting the programs printed and making the girls flowers are all that's left to do. I know what I want in my head but I'm just too tired to actually get it done! I'll have plenty of help next week though so I'm not too worried.

8 comments:

Shandra said...

glad you had a nice visit. you need a count down on your blog for the big day!!

Kim said...

how do i get one of those?

Shandra said...

i'm not sure. i've seen them on someone's blog. i can't remember where. i'll search later and get back to you...if i find it. :)

i LOVE your new page. it's SUPER cute! i've been trying to find a new page and have never found the ones you did.

Anonymous said...

Kim--cute page! Glad you got away for a bit...that's always nice! I know you are SO excited about your big day. Don't forget to post a lot of pics when you come back from your honeymoon!!!!!!!!!!

Shandra said...

http://www.flashmysite.com/ try that kim. it's the only one i could find.

Anonymous said...

I went to google.com and typed in wedding ticker. A LOT of things came up. My friends use lillypie.com or something...but I think that is just for having a baby. Just FYI for future! :)

Mandy said...

What a cute page you made! I just wanted you to know that I will be thinking about you and Luis this week and next while you're getting everything ready and then getting married. Things here about to get busy with moving apartments. And I figured I might not have my computer hooked up for a couple of days, so I wanted to write while I could. Have fun and enjoy this special time together! :)

Kim said...

Mandy - thanks so much! i hope that things go well with your move. hopefully it's not too hot down there for you to move in. it's supposed to be 110 here today. i'm SOOO glad i moved in when i did instead of waiting til this week to do it!