Sunday, August 13, 2006

never a dull moment!

Luis and I have officially become victims of credit card fraud. We were scammed by some dirt bag who hacked into the computers at the Amerisuites (were our out of town guests stayed for the wedding) and so far, have used our bank information to charge $120. I do have a feeling that more debits may process tomorrow when the bank opens. The manager at the Amerisuites told me that we were lucky if it does end up to be only $120 and described the situation as "ugly" with one of the other victims (there's 4 of us so far). One of the other victims had a $2,200 charge to Office Depot for a laptop and then the dirt bag scammer walked through the doors of Office Depot to pick it up!!!!!!!! When he couldn't produce the card that he charged it to, the employees got suspicious and wouldn't let him have the computer. So anyway, I have to contact the bank tomorrow to despute the charges and we already have an open investigation going with the White Collar Crimes department of the OKC police department. What a way to start out our marriage!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Kim...we were married a year and a half and that happened...it was HORRIBLE!!! By the end, I told Jason I would have GIVEN the person the money instead of going through all that. We had to change account numbers, all our drafted stuff, tell EVERY person we owe money to about it...it was a MESS! Jason worked on that for about a week and didn't work. I feel your pain....what doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger! :) This too shall pass....

Kim said...

Not that I'm glad that all happened to you, but at least there's someone else out there that this happened to. I just wish ours had been 1 year into it all instead of 2 weeks!! :(

Shandra said...

awww...Kim! I can't believe that! I'm so sorry to hear it. I hope they only did $120 worth of damage an no more! Keep us posted!