Thursday, September 28, 2006

Happy Birthday to Urban



Urban finally made it home this past weekend. He had been staying with my dad since we got married. He made it home just in time for his 1st birthday. The kids thought his 1st birthday was a pretty cool thing so what did we do ... we had a birthday party for the dog ... party hats and all! Surprisingly, Urban liked having his hat on. Hannah even had to sing "Happy Birthday" to Urban before going to bed. I couldn't join in because singing is the only thing that I can't do as a result of my surgery. Anyway, I guess Urban had a pretty good 1st birthday.

We finally found our dream house! It's so nice and when we walked in, we had our "wow" moment. I was getting a little frustrated on whether or not that really happened. So we made an offer to which they made a counter offer. Then we made another offer which they accepted only half of it. We finally negotiated to a happy medium for both parties. We have the inspections set for next Wednesday and if all goes well with that, we'll close on October 19th! I'm so excited and we now are definitely convinced that this house is making me sick. I've been starting to feel better this past week and I realized that it's because we're not running the a/c anymore. That's where all the mold is ... in the a/c ducts. So for now, I can actually breathe! Here's a link to the house if anyone's interested in taking a look.


Let me know what you all think! We love everything but the kitchen countertops! All you can say is WOW! We're planning to update them but that won't happen for awhile. I can't wait until October 19th!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your house, Kim!!! It's very nice...I especially like the wet bar! HA!!!!!!!!!! VERY PRETTY!!!

Kim said...

mel - what happened to your blog?? i can't find it anymore. it may have died since you haven't POSTED in like ... forever! j/k :)

Shandra said...

i couldn't get the link to work. what's up w/ that? i can't wait to see it and am so happy y'all found something.

Kim said...

i just tried the link too and i wonder if it has been taken off since we're buying it. i'll see if i can find another way to view it.

shan - luis just told me last night that we recieved your wedding gift. thank you guys so much for thinking about us. it will help with stuff for the new house, i'm sure!!!

Shandra said...

you're welcome. DON'T send me a thank you note! just glad to know you got it.

let me know if the link works.