Sunday, February 18, 2007

Un-FREAKIN-believable

I have always been told that your first year of marriage is the hardest, but come on ... when are Luis and I going to catch a break. I mean, really! If it's not one thing with us, it's another.
Well, here we go again ... for about a month now, there's been something going on with one of us. I got electricuted about 3 weeks ago (seriously had to call 911 and everything), then we find out that Luis is a walking heart attack with some sort of liver disease (still don't know a final diagnosis yet), I had to have an emergent root canal ON VALENTINES (like we could afford that!), we realized last week that my car has stopped holding oil - it now just flows right out of the bottom of the car and then Saturday, to top it all off - Luis lost his job with Bennigan's. Sorry mom, that you're finding out this way. I tried to call you today and couldn't get a hold of you.
So, life in Oklahoma City SUCKS right now. We really have no idea what we're going to do. We're praying and still trusting God but it's completely terrifying to think that now I'm the one supporting our family. We all know you don't get into Child Life for the money! The only thing that I'm really afraid about is the mortgage. Ever since we had to start paying child support on Micah, we've been living LESS than paycheck to paycheck and we have exhausted our savings with legal fees.
Please be praying for our family as we try to figure out where God wants Luis to be. We're starting to wonder if it's not in the restaurant business! HA! Also pray for Luis to be at peace with me working so much. It's that whole macho-man mentality that's got him all worked up and upset thinking he has to be "the provider". And pray for me to have the strength to work as much as I need to.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, for once in my life, I am speechless. I will be praying for you and your family. Remember God is SOOOOO much bigger than ANYTHING we face! Love you girl!

Shandra said...

Kim, I'm so sorry y'all are going through all this...especially during your first year of marriage. I will definitely be praying for y'all!!

Anonymous said...

Kim, just wanted to let you know I am still praying for you and your family! Love you!

Truth said...

Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time right now. I know your birthday is coming up and I was thinking about you.

Asking God to hold you both up right now, that He will heal Luis and give you the strength to do what you need. Maybe God has another plan for you but He just hasn't opened the door yet. I believe it is just around the corner!