So our lives have been a little crazy lately. Just when we thought that it couldn't get any crazier, God allows something else. Man, he has quite the sense of humor.
To start at the beginning ... about a month ago, me, Luis and both kids set out on our first road trip together.
Destination: Stonewall, Louisiana.
Travel time: 7 hours
Outcome: We're still married!
Luis pointed out that the only thing that saved our marriage on that road trip was a portable VHS player that someone gave to us. The kids each picked out movies and with the headphones plugged in, the only thing that we heard out of them was, "I need to go to the bathroom!". Surprisingly, it was a nice trip. So while we were there, we just hung out in Stonewall had let everyone that wanted to see us, come to us. I know, sounds a little selfish, but when you haven't been home in 3 years, there's a lot of people to see. We had a really great time and ate a lot of really great food! YUM!
Anyway, the Tuesday after we got home from our weekend trip, we were to be in court for all the custody/child support stuff going on over Micah. Well, it was cancelled AGAIN for the 3rd time. This time being because it has all been transferred to District Court. We had been dealing with DHS (Department of Human Services) so it's really a good thing that it's been transferred. Marci has known since March that we have a lawyer (DHS told her) but she was unaware of what all we were going for ... until Tuesday the 17th when the case was transferred. Since that day, she's been withholding Micah from us. She went that day and withdrew him from our daycare and put him into a 24 hour day care and won't tell us which one it is .... but did have the nerve to call us up and tell us that we owed daycare for the month of May which was now the new price of $150 (old price: $50/month). In a very polite way, I told her she was crazy if she expected us to pay for daycare when she wouldn't tell us where Micah was. So needless to say, we didn't pay for daycare. Luis has been able to talk with Micah only a couple of times because Marci will not answer her phone when we call. I know that it's just killing Luis but there's nothing that we can do. Our lawyers are loving it though, because she's just making our case for us. We still have no idea when our date in district court is but hopefully, it's soon.
So with all this going on, about 3 weeks ago, I started waking up sick to my stomach. I NEVER thought that I could be pregnant. One of the ladies at work asked me one day if I was feeling good and when I mentioned that I was just sick to my stomach, she instantly asked if I was pregnent. The sickness went on for 3 more days before I told Luis that we needed to buy a test. So thursday the 26th was the night that we found out we were pregnant. Friday morning, we took another test and it was positive again. I called my doctor and set my first prenatal appointment for May 17th. If there are any guys reading this, you can skip down a few lines. While I was on the phone with the nurse, I mentioned that I'd had some bleeding a few weeks prior that wasn't as heavy as my normal period but enough to make me think that I'd had it and "that's why I'm confused about the sickness and 2 positive tests". I'm sure she just thought that I was an idiot. She told me that some bleeding is normal but not enough to make you think you've had your period. So I had to go in the following Monday and Wednesday to do some blood work. Bright and early Thursday morning, I got a call from my doctor. It scared me so bad to actually have her on the phone and not her nurse. She told me that she'd just been reviewing my bloodwork and there were a few things that were "concerning" to her and we needed to see if my pregnancy was a viable one. We made plans for me to go in a 1pm. Luis couldn't get off work so I had to go in by myself. I was terrified that something was wrong. So she did the ultrasound and there it was, my baby with it's little heart just beating away. She said that with seeing that, her concerns were gone. I had been reading some stuff on pregnancies and Luis and I figured we were about 7 weeks pregnant and she confirmed that we were 7 weeks and 5 days with the due date of December 15th. We're now passed the shocked stage and are beginning to enjoy the idea of a baby. I'm having all day morning sickness so Luis is enjoying the thought at little more than I am these days! Hannah is not happy at all though. She told us the other day, "I've seen on TV when moms and dads have a baby, the other kids get left out". I have a feeling it's going to be a long road of jealousy!

2 comments:
how have you been feeling???
Update, please! :) How are you feeling???
Post a Comment