I'm SOOO sorry for not updating lately but you know me, there's bound to be some drama going on ... I'll get to that later.
Anyway, my pregnancy is going well. I'm a few days into my 13th week and the morning sickness is finally over!! YIPPIE! Now, I'm just trying to figure out my limitations with being soooo tired all the time. On top of just being pregnant, I'm anemic again so that's not helping with the fatigue. I'm taking an iron supplement 3x/day on top of my prenatal vitamin. My next doctors appointment is on the 18th and I guess we'll get to see the baby again. I don't know how those things work but I do know that we'll be making our first payment on the delivery. I think it's so funny that we'll be paid in full by the time the baby's actually here. I guess it'll be one less thing to worry about after they arrive. But that's all that's going on with baby news.
Now on to the drama ...
Two weeks ago, when I was driving home from eating out with a friend, my car broke down on the side of the road. It had done the same thing the day before and we had replaced the battery but turns out it was the alternator. So we called AAA to tow my car to the house, and when the tow truck driver arrived, he refused to tow my car (it was pushed off the road where he would have to push it back into the road to load it and turns out he has "back problems"). So it's about 11pm at that point and we thought it would be okay to leave it there and call again in the morning. I guess that's what we get for thinking. As my poor little car sat there all broke down, someone (kids, I'm sure) decided to completely vandalize it ... broken windows, tire slashed and broken mirror. There were also a few dents in the body of the car where they must have missed the windows on the first try. So when I show up the next morning, I'm ready to have a red-headed fit all over someone because this wouldn't have happened had the tow truck driver done his job. The tow driver that was there the next morning was a different guy from the night before and it's a good thing. I was ready to rip someone in half. So I get on the phone with AAA and all they can tell me is that they are not responsible for any damages caused by vandalism. If I could have made my way through that phone there's no telling what I would have done. So I calmly try to explain that we pay them for a service during times of need and when I called, in a time of need, they were unable to provide that service and then I became a victim of a crime. The man on the phone then proceeds to tell me that the folks who vandalized my car, should be the ones held responsible. At that point, I really thought that I was going to lose it. So I told him that yes, in a perfect world the ones that did this would be the ones to pay but since we didn't know who did it, the person that didn't follow through on their job should be the next one held responsible. The conversation went on and on and on ... I probably could've had a more productive conversation with a stop sign. So we were left to deal with the aftermath ourselves. My insurance company came out and did an estimate on the car. We really were praying for it to be totaled but that didn't happen. They cut us a check for $1,013. There was $1,113 in damages done to the car but they took out my deductible. For 2 weeks, we've been trying to decide what to do with this money. Should we put it back into the car that already needed an alternator, the A/C wasn't working and would no longer hold oil or should we use that $1000 and use it to put down on a different car. We went looking last weekend and came home completely defeated because no one would help us. Then yesterday, I found a car online that was $5000 and still met the qualification for financing. We went this afternoon to see it and I am now the owner of a new (used) car. We're really going to have to do some crunching on our monthly budget to make the payments but we feel really good about it. I wasn't ready to get a minivan yet but we ended up with a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am ... 4 door, of course. So now we're looking to sell my car to one of those "we buy junk cars" places and pray that we get atleast $500 out of it. I've also come to terms with having to sell some artwork that I've had for over 10 years so if anyone collects or knows of someone that collects/likes Lee Bogle, send then my way.
So that's about it on our end. My laptop isn't working so that's why I haven't posted pictures in a long time. As soon as we get the prob solved, I post pic of my new car.
TGIF, MOTHER HUGGERS (Miami Newborn Photography)
13 years ago

4 comments:
Kim--wow!!! You need to write a book! Question--you said after "they" arrive...are you having twins???????????????
i'm always teasing luis about twins but we've only seen 1 on the 2 ultrasounds!
Whew...but with y'alls luck, it's triplets! HA!
let's not even go there!
Post a Comment