Monday, July 30, 2007

First Anniversary

WE MADE IT! I can't believe that we've been married for one whole year! It's been a crazy one, too. We really didn't do anything special. We were "kid free" though. My MIL returned from France on Wednesday, so naturally, Hannah has been with her ever since ... not that I don't mind a little downtime, but my MIL is not the typical grandmother. She's been Hannah's "mother" for 7 years now so when she's around, anything is say or do is completely disregarded by Hannah. Anyway, that's a whole different post!!!

Luis and I wanted to go somewhere but instead just stayed here for the weekend. Just being able to have time without kids is a vacation, no matter where you are! We got up and went to brunch before going to church, seeing a movie, stopping by Home Depot and planting flowers in the garden. It was quite the day! I apparently overdid it because I nearly passed out last night. Luis was fixing dinner and I started feeling really funny. I sat down for a minute and then was okay. So when we made it to the table, I couldn't even eat because I felt so weird. I finally figured out what was going on when everything started to fade and my ears were ringing. I told Luis he needed to call 911 because I was about to pass out and didn't know why. I really scared him but it all passed in about 2-3 minutes and we didn't call 911. Once that episode passed, I was completely fine the rest of the night.
Somewhere in the middle of our busy day, we made time to break out our cake topper that's been tossed around the freezer for one whole year. I've always heard that 1 year later, it's not really any good but our was GREAT! Just like we remembered it! The cake was still moist and everything! It was a little lopsided but I guess once it thawed out, the icing started to fall.

We're definitely ready to see what happens from here. They say your first year is the hardest and we've had a really hard one, so we're just ready to sit back and see what's to come.

I'll be posting on Friday to let everyone know what we're having. We can't wait to find out!!!!

1 comments:

Carrie said...

Kim, I would agree you have had a hard year...to say the least!! It does get better and better as time goes on. Enjoy it! :)