So those big decisions that we were going to put off til later, have pretty much been decided. I went to see Dr. Krempl on Tuesday the 17th. Dr. Krempl is my ORL surgeon (ear, nose and throat guy) and is now the one that's calling all the shots. I'm not able to do much these days without getting completely out of breath. It's not the normal out of breath that comes with all pregnancies, it's just me with my airway problems. Normally, when I feel my airway is a little tight, I could use my inhaler but it's a steriod and I can't use it with the baby. So anyway, Dr. Krempl scoped me and took a look on the inside. He said that my airway is fine (no scar tissue build up) but that I could definitely not breath through labor. So he's decided that I'm having a C-Section. We also had to discuss that I'm not going to make it to 40 weeks. He's planning for the baby to be taken early and how early will all depend on me and how I'm doing. Dr. Gazzaniga, my OB, told me that if I can get to 36 weeks, we'll do testing to make sure that the babys lungs are formed before we deliver. But if I can't make it that far, we'll just have to throw everything out the window and take the baby anyway. Then the B word was brought up ... BEDREST. Now don't get me wrong, at this point in my life, I'd love nothing more than to lay around all day and have Luis wait on me hand and foot but the thought of not getting a paycheck is absolutely out of the question! I told Dr. Krempl, "No, I can't do that" to which he replied, "oh, yes you will". That night at dinner, I told Luis that we need to come up with a plan for all this because I'm seeing Dr. Krempl every 3 weeks and if I walk into his office on August 8th and he says that I have to go on bedrest, then I have no other option but to comply with it. We know that God will provide and take care of us but in the financial state that we're currently in, the thought of our only income being Luis waiting tables is terrifying! The only thing that I'll have with work is short term disability (that will just barely cover the mortgage) and my 3 days of paid leave. I can't even imagine paying our insurance premiums out of pocket! UGH! Why does everything have to do with money!??!?!?!! It's so frustrating.
So with bedrest just on the horizon, we're planning on starting our registries just as soon as we know what we're having. We'll probably leave the doctor's office and go straight to the store! I'm not leaving all the shopping up to Luis! My ultrasound is still on schedule to be August 3rd and we're so stinking excited to find out!
TGIF, MOTHER HUGGERS (Miami Newborn Photography)
13 years ago

1 comments:
Aug. 3rd will take FOREVER to get here! Post ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Post a Comment