Saturday, September 15, 2007

Baby Shower


We had our first baby shower today and got some really good stuff! My mom was able to make it up along with my brother and his family. My dad thought that coming to a baby shower was a little too girly so he didn't make the trip. We have 2 more planned - one for work and then Luis' mom is giving me one with all her friends.


Out of all the stuff that we received, we only had 1 duplicate. We got 2 of our diaper bags. I have to admit that I was most excited about getting gift certificates (well, they came a close second to the diapers!). The crib that we want from Wal-Mart is currently our of stock so when it's back, the gift cards will come in VERY handy!!! Of course we got some OU stuff but my brother and sister-in-law made us a LaTech blanket. It's so stinking cute!



No one really took pics with my camera so as soon as I get pictures from my mom, I'll post some more. I'll definitely make sure that someone takes pics at my work shower later this week.
Update from the docs: I went to see Dr. Krempl on Tuesday. He scoped me and said that my airway is still open but I have some polyps on my vocal cords that haven't been there previously. I didn't even ask about what we have to do with them. They're really not all that important to me right now! We talked about bedrest but he ended up putting me on "desk duty". I actually asked for it. It's getting to be too much for me to just walk about the unit seeing my patients. I also had him write for me to get a valet pass. Now I can have my car valeted like our hospital visitors and just walk right in. Parking in employee parking and walking to and from my office is the worst part of my day ... but not any longer! I'm sure, I'm not going to want to give up the valet pass! So, I saw Dr. Gazzaniga on Friday and she said everything looks good with little Russ. His heartrate was 153 and I've gained another pound. Grand total weight gain: 6lbs, 2oz. The nurse actually clapped and cheered when we saw that I had gained a whole pound!

2 comments:

Shandra said...

girl, looks like you got some good stuff!! i still have a package to mail to you. it took me a while to get the box and now i guess it's going to take me a while to mail it. i will definitely get it to you before russ gets here. actually, matt will!! we need to see some belly pics!!

Carrie said...

Looks like you had a great shower!! How fun!! I am loving the Tech blanket. Wonder how your hubby would feel about Russ getting an A&M blanket?! hehehe! Glad to hear things went well with the doctor. I agree with Shan..BELLY PICS!!! :)