Friday, November 9, 2007

15 minute meeting

I knew when I saw a meeting request come up in my email account at work that was only for 15 minutes, that I had not gotten the Director position. I got it at the end of the day on Tuesday and met with Chuck (the Chief Admin Officer) at 845 Wednesday morning, so I had the whole night to prepare myself. I was right. The external candidate from Ft. Worth was offered the job and had already accepted. So now, I'm in this "what do I want to do now?" phase. For atleast 5 years, I've been working towards this goal and now that God has so obviously closed that door, what do I do??? Child Life is a VERY stressful job and with having done it for 6+ years, I'm a little burnt out. I need a change and really thought that a management position would be what I needed. Apparently not! So now, my plans are to have my precious baby boy on November 28th, enjoy him for 12 weeks and continue to pray that God shows me what I'm supposed to be doing with my life!

0 comments: