I had doctors appointments with both Dr. Krempl and Dr. Gazzaniga today. Dr. Krempl was first. He said that my airway didn't look any different and questioned if this "scab", as he so eloquently described it, was giving me anymore trouble. He didn't see it today so he said he's not worried about anything. Then he gave me the days that he would and wouldn't be available for the c-section.
Then this afternoon, Luis and I met with Dr. Gazzaniga. We have tentatively planned for a c-section on November 28th. I say "tentatively" because I'm still having an amniocentesis on the day before to confirm whether or not Russ' lungs are developed enough to go ahead and take him. We won't know until about 5pm on the 27th if we're doing the c-section at 730 the next morning. Talk about stress! I really don't think that we're going to have to put it off. I think he's going to be just fine, so in my head, we're having a baby on the 28th!
I really wish that it was the 21st. Luis and I had already worked out a plan in our head about the kids and who they could stay with because they would be out of school. Now, we have to plan on someone getting them back and forth to school. We're also torn about what to do with family and other visitors. We had a consultation with a pediatrician last week who we have decided to use. She's really nice but LAID DOWN THE LAW! She pretty much scared us silly. I mean, I understand RSV and the risks to preemies since I see it every year at the hospital but she was real black and white about it. Even though Russ is on track to be an 8# baby, he's still going to be 3 weeks early and considered a preemie. Dr. Bartlow said that due to the risk of catching RSV, Russ is to have no visitors for 2 weeks and then after that, limited visitors for 1 month. No church. No going to Walmart. No nothing. We even joked around about having the kids strip down at the door and go straight to the tub once they get home from school/daycare and Dr. Bartlow said that it really wouldn't be a bad idea. She said that he doesn't need to be exposed to everyone until he can get his first set of immunizations. Everyone that comes in contact with Russ has to have had a flu shot as well. So how do you deal with family and the expectations of getting to be around right away?? Our entire family (both sides) are from out of town and everyone had said that they are coming ... Luis' dad is even coming from Venezuela! I have a feeling that a lot of feelings are about to get hurt!
TGIF, MOTHER HUGGERS (Miami Newborn Photography)
13 years ago

1 comments:
ugh...family getting their feelings hurt...
matt and i have decided that we will do whats best for us and our boys FIRST and then our extended family. if someone gets their feelings hurt...TOO BAD! we have to deal w/ stuff when we go on vacation and don't make the rounds to see EVERYONE! it's just too much w/ little ones and people don't understand that. i know it's a different situation, but you need to do what's best for russ...not your family! they should understand.
i mailed your box out yesterday. i know...about time!!! i kept adding more clothes too it. i don't want any of it back...don't know if i told you that or not.
get some rest and enjoy this time before that sweet baby gets here!!
Post a Comment