Monday, December 3, 2007

Our first outing


I had to take Russ into the pediatricians office today. His jaundice hasn't gotten any better and so I called and asked to be seen today. We had to have more bloodwork done and all I was told was that Russ' levels were "significantly higher" than when we left the hospital. We're now waiting to have bililights delivered by home health. I'm also not producing enough milk for him. The pediatrician recommended that we begin supplementing the breastmilk with formula. He gulped down 2 ounces of formula this afternoon and has been sleeping with a bit of a smile on his face all afternoon. I guess he finally had a full tummy.

2 comments:

Shandra said...

so sweet! he's so little!!!! keep pumping!!!! it will get better.

Michelle said...

the more he nurses (or the more you pump) your milk will increase!

i've got a "thanks for registering" gift for you...and another registry order to mail you. you can have a sneak preview of the thanks gift under blankets on my site. i hope to get all my packages in the mail wednesday -- your's too shandra! :)