Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The end to a very long day

I don't think that I could have made time for one more thing today if I had to! It was a busy day!

Russell had his follow up appointment with the ORL doc and we are on the schedule next Wednesday for eartubes. Dr. Hales will be performing the procedure. He was one of my doctors throughout all my surgeries. He was just a resident at that time and is now a "real doctor". :) Dr. Krempl was booked til almost November and I just didn't want to wait that long. Russell didn't pass his hearing test and I don't want the hearing loss from all the fluid to interfere with his language development. I also didn't want to get into cold and flu season without having the tubes.

So after that, I had to go straight to the courthouse and make it official ... I'm broke! I had my bankruptcy hearing today. It wasn't what I expected but it wasn't bad either. I didn't realize that you do everything in a room FULL of strangers that are all up in your business. I was the 3rd person called so it didn't take me long at all. I have one more bankruptcy class to take but I guess that, for the most part, I'm done. My lawyer told me that I'll recieve my discharge paperwork in the mail within 90 days. The only thing that I was instructed to do was not spend my 2008 tax refund ... I guess they'll be taking that away from me.

So I had to run a few more errands tonight and when I finally got home and got to take a breath, I realized that our house was really hot again! We just had the A/C guys out on Saturday night and paid $300 for repairs. So I called them back out tonight and whatever they fixed Saturday night, wasn't the "real problem". There's a leak somewhere that's allowing all the freon to escape. So he recharged it ... or filled it ... whatever you do with freon and has to come back tomorrow morning at 8am to "find the leak, which will probably cost ya around ... ummm ... $450". I just about fell over when he said that. We really need to get out from underneath this house and QUICK! It's killing us! Now that everything is done with my bankruptcy, we can proceed with the short sale with the mortgage company. Pray that this happens quickly and smoothly. I don't need anymore stress in my life!

0 comments: