Thursday, February 26, 2009

Finally, an update!

Sorry that I haven't been blogging lately. We've been extremely busy lately and I just haven't found the time. February 4th, Russell had surgery #2. He needed a second set of eartubes. We thought that it was just 1 that needed replacing but the Sunday before his surgery, his "good ear" started draining some pretty yucky green goop. I paged Dr. Hales and we decided to do both ears. So during surgery, it turns out that both tubes had moved out of position and neither were functioning properly. He did really well and his RN in recovery (Sylvia - who I've known since I started at The Children's Hospital) even said that she wished all her BMTs were as easy as Russell.

Watching VeggieTales on Daddy's phone waiting for surgery.


In the playroom, in Outpatient Surgery, waiting to go into the OR. Knowing what I know about the hospital, I was a little reluctant to let him play with the toys, but I gave in.

So then our next adventure involved a tornado. February 10th, we had a twister that tore through town and came way to close for comfort to our house.
This is about .25 mile from our house and, yes, this used to be a trampoline. The majority of the damage was about 1 mile from us. The Target is still closed because the roof was ripped off and there was a ton of water damage. The Chuck E. Cheese lost a whole wall and is now getting a facelift. We don't ever go to CEC, so we're not that sad about it.


Just some cute pictures to close out my blog with! I can't believe how big he's getting!!!

0 comments: