I feel like we've been going non-stop for weeks now. That's probably why there have been no new blog posts! For Easter weekend, Luis had some friends come up from Houston to visit. Luis and Karina went to school together in Venezeula and found each other here recently on Facebook. Karina, Edecio (her husband) and Nicole (their daughter) all came for the visit. We didn't do a whole lot, but we did have a good time.

Our only meal eaten out was chosen very carefully ... we wanted Karina and Edecio to experience something that is only in Oklahoma. We went for Hideaway Pizza!! They loved it and the girls loved watching the guys in the kitchen throw the dough.

Then we headed over to Lake Hefner and played at the park for a little while. It was EXTREMELY windy (as seen by the enourmous size of my hair) so we didn't stay out there too long.
Saturday morning started early with the OKC EggDrop at 9am!! Before that, the kids got their baskets so that they'd have something to use at the EggDrop. Russell's into coloring these days, so the EB brought him some big bulky toddler colors.
The egghunt area was roped off into 4 areas and grouped by ages. Thank goodness that Russell wasn't having to fight with 12 year olds for eggs. But as you can see, there were eggs as far as the eye can see. I think that I heard there were 20,000 Easter eggs. But the highlight of the hunt, was when the EB showed up in a helicopter and dropped MORE eggs.
So after th EB came and went, they had a big "3 ... 2 ... 1, GO!" and the ropes were cut. There was about 30 seconds of madness and then all the eggs were gone. With the little ones, parents were allowed on the field to help them out. I was helping Russell while Luis was taking pics.We really didn't do much the rest of the afternoon ... just kinda hung out at the house. We grilled Saturday night and Russell is now a fan of grilled corn.
We attend church on Saturday nights (since I work on Sundays) so the kids got all dressed up in their Easter clothes for church that night. We snapped these pictures next door in our neighbors yard. The house is for sale and they don't live there anymore, so I'm sure that they didn't mind us being in their garden! :) So that's what has been happening with us lately. We had family pics taken on 4/4 by a friend from work. We're waiting to get the proofs so I'll post those when we have them. Meredith said "they're awesome", so I can't wait to see them!!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment