We've had a really busy summer. Hannah spent the summer with my MIL in Florida. Nerly's sister lives in Orlando and she went down for the month of June. She was able to take Hannah with her. Thank goodness that we didn't have to pay for summer daycare!!! We already pay too much for daycare anyway ... but that's another post.
At the end of July, we made a trip home to Louisiana. We made the trip down to meet my niece, Maggie Lola Russell. She was born on July 16th. We gave them a few days of adjustment before our 3 ring circus pulled into town. Russell did really well with Maggie and was very gentle. The weekend before we left to head to Louisiana, my dad called and told me that he was getting married while we were down there. The wedding wasn't a surprise ... but the timing was. It's a good thing he told us too. Otherwise, we would been there is shorts and flip flops! It was a very nice and small ceremony. Just before we left his house to go to the ceremony, dad asked if Russell would be his bestman. We gave it our be
st try but he was pretty fussy. Of course, the only paci we had was a pink one!! So all of their wedding pics have a pink pacifier in them!
I was also supposed to interview at The Children's Hospital at LSUHSC but as I was leaving to go to the hospital, I received a phone call from the Child Life assistant and the interview was cancelled!!! I was pretty bummed about it but have interviewed since then. Things are still looking good for that opportunity to work out.
Recently, I started providing Child Life coverage to our MRI department. It's been a good change for me. I'm now working 630a-3p, Monday - Friday. The only thing that I miss is having a day off during the week. I REALLY miss having Fridays off. Fridays were my day to go grocery shopping, docs appointments ... all that stuff. Because of this change, I haven't been to the grocery store in about 3 weeks. We're living off of crackers and peanut butter at this point! :)
TGIF, MOTHER HUGGERS (Miami Newborn Photography)
13 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment