Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Memories

On Monday, we had an intern start within our department at the hospital. Her name is Erin and she seems like a pretty nice person. While sitting at the conference table this afternoon waiting for a staff meeting to start, she started questioning me about where I was from and how I ended up at OU Medical Center. During the conversation I mentioned that Bonnie and I both went to school at LaTech. From there, Bonnie and I started reminiscing about Tech and just Ruston all together ... the huddle house, that bridge over the RR tracks that appeared to be held together with only 3 nails, Griff's, the Q stik, Daddy's Money (Shan, didn't you work there??), Mrs. Pumphrey ... we must have gone on and on for a good 20 minutes. By the time that the meeting started, our other 2 coworkers that were present listening to our ramblings, wanted to take a road trip down to see the place. Neither Bonnie nor I have been back in years. The last time that I went back through Ruston was on a road trip to New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl when LSU was playing OU. Kari (my roommate at the time) and I stopped and walked through the campus. It was during break so there was no one around but we took the time to find my brick. They actually had it in place! I only took a quick picture, I didn't get down on the ground and make a rubbing of it or anything. It's so much fun to have Bonnie around to talk about old Tech times. We both decided we'd go back and do it all again in a heartbeat!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun!!! It's weird to go back and look at my brick...Carrie Claire White. Little did I realize how much fun and carefree life was back then. I wanted to get out and get in "the real world." Now I want to go back and get out of "the real world!" Should I know Bonnie? I can only think of the Bonnie from Ridgecrest...enough said! :)

Shandra said...

Oh yes!! Daddy's Money was definitely my place of business and Matt's place of trying to "pick me up!" Oh the college days!! I would love to go back and see the campus. Hopefully I will be able to do that in March.

Kim said...

Bonnie's maiden name was Wilson and she played on the softball team. I can't remember exactly what years that she was there but she only overlapped with us 1 maybe 2 years. She's a few years younger than us. Do you remember Melinda Clark? She used to work with me and Bonnie but got married and moved to Montana about a year and a half ago. My boss is REALLY fond of LaTech grads. She's impressed with our schooling and hires a Tech grad whenever she gets the opportunity. Should you ever get the urge to live in Oklahoma and do Child Life, I can hook you up!

Anonymous said...

Don't remember Bonnie, but I do remember Melinda...student worker, right?!Don't push the CL thing...after these past few weeks, I might consider it!! Glad you are enjoying life!! Ever come to College Station? If you want to come to an OK and A&M game, you have a place to stay! :)