Saturday, February 18, 2006

Down Payments and Dresses

I'm a little less stressed with this post. My parents were finally able to say that they could help with the wedding and so we included them in the decision on which wedding chapel to use. They even picked the one that I wanted! YIPPIE! We wanted to do it at my campus of Life Church but they have stopped doing weddings at the one that I attend. Friday I went and made our down payment on the chapel so we are set to be married on July 29th!!! It's an all inclusive sort of place so basically everything is taken care of and all we have to do is show up! Now that's what I'm talking about! I have a "details meeting" with the wedding coordinator in March where I'll be picking out our cakes (they're included as well). I'm still a little stressed about the guest list but daddy told me to stop marking people off and that he wanted me to invite any and all people that I wanted ... especially people that took care of me when I was so sick. The least I owe them is an invitation and a piece of cake!!!
I also found and have ordered my dress. We took pictures this afternoon but I'm afraid to post the pics for fear that Luis would some how come across them. It's SO perfect though. I didn't want to take it off. A couple of my friends actually got out in the ice and snow to meet me at the dress shop. They were my photographers. My dress is actually the very first one that I ever tried on that Hannah picked off the rack several weeks ago when she and I went. I shopped around a little but came back to this one. I can't wait to put it back on! Now I just have to get a veil. Anyone got an ivory one that I can borrow?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

See--we told you everything would work out!! I am SOOO happy for you! I better be invited! HA!!!! Now you can laugh at that, right?! Wish I had a veil for you, but mine was/is white. I am sure you looked BEAUTIFUL in your dress! Now get some comfy shoes. I wore ballet type...got from the wedding dress shop..had sequins, etc...VERY comfy! :)

Kim said...

are you kidding!? you and shan made it on the list and were not coming off! i looked on ebay for a veil last night and may just get one off there. they had several that i liked (or the pics looked good) that were only around $15. and i think that i'm going to use a pair of champagne colored shoes that i already have. they might not match perfectly but who's going to be looking under my dress that day anyway ... well ... nevermind! ;)

Anonymous said...

HA!! Glad things are working out for you. You are too funny! Enjoy it!!

Shandra said...

Hey Kim! So glad things are working out for you!! I bought my veil off line. Ebay sounds cheaper tho. Mine is white or you could totally use it. Have fun w/ the planning!! I hope we are able to make it!