Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Frustration has set in...

Between trying to coordinate a church time with a reception hall that's not already booked and planning a wedding on a negative budget (due to my medical bills), I'm not quite sure if this thing is going to happen. Neither of our families are able to help out, so this wedding is being paid for by just us. I'm thinking that the courthouse is the only place we can afford! I know that the most important thing is that at the end of the day, Luis and I are united in marriage but I can't help but want the big white dress ... and don't get me started on how I want my daddy to walk me down the aisle!!! It's all enough to make me cry. Our budget consists of our tax refund checks. We've already gotten Luis' back and are waiting to see how much mine will be. I actually had to have someone else besides me prepare them due to all my medical deductions. And even between the 2 of us, it's not going to be much. We've looked at all the different ways to save money (making our own invitations, flowers, decorations, etc), but I don't know if it's going to be enough. I've tried to just stop thinking/worrying about it until I hear back from my tax guy, but I just can't!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, it will work out. I say take a cruise...I saw this on TV the other night...and when you get off at the Cayman Islands, get married. So your wedding and honeymoon is one trip...done and over...and very relaxing! :)Why not have a small, family wedding so you still get the dress and dad, but without all the expenses??!!

Kim said...

we've thought about a "family only" sort of deal but how do we let people down that have already verbally expressed the expection of being there?? it's so hard and you know that i'm a people pleaser and don't want to hurt anyones feelings. there's so many people that have become my family up here and have obviously supported me through a very traumatic time in my life, and i'm afraid would be hurt if i didn't invite them. UGH!!

Shandra said...

Kim, I agree w/ Carrie (first time ever!) You should have a small family wedding and then maybe you could do a party with your friends when you get back...just don't make it big. Or express to people that y'all are paying for it and times are tight. They have to understand!

Kim said...

I tried to start some of the "small family wedding" talk today at work and everyone has said, "well I still better be invited". It's enough to make a girl crazy!

Shandra said...

You need to be like...well, you're not. Just explain to them. If they are really your friends they will totally understand. Maybe they don't understand your whole situation. Just explain it to them. It will work out. Try not to stress.

Anonymous said...

Kim--my bro and sis in law had a small family wedding, then invited their friends to a reception AFTER their honeymoon. That way it's more laid back, but an announcement party that you are married. It can be as formal or informal as you want. This way you get the dress and daddy walking you down the aisle, but without the extra expenses. You could get someone to film it and then show that at the party. I also had a friend that couldn't afford much, so she had several people make all the food for the reception. She told them she wanted that to be their present to her. Worked out well. They wanted to help and she needed them. It will work out...just remember it's what YOU want...somewhere along the way someone will get hurt...it happens. But if they are truly your friend, they will understand!