
Well ... I have to admit that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I really had a great 30th birthday! Luis surprised me at work by having flowers delivered. They're beautiful. He did a really great job. One of my co-workers, Whitney, makes this unbelievable homemade chocolate frosting that she whipped up and threw onto some brownies. I figured since I was turning 30, I could double up on the chocolate if I wanted to. They were awesome! I had numerous renditions of "Happy Birthday" sung to me, received a couple of presents, and then tonight at dinner, I had an entire diet coke spilled in my lap! That's right. I should've known that my day couldn't be completely perfect. It had just been brought to the table and Luis knocked it over right into my lap. It was pretty humorous!
Today has also been a day of reflection for me. It's been 6 months since I had the surgery on my airway that I like to refer to as "the surgery that almost killed me". It's definitely been a wild ride ... from near death to planning a wedding! :) What a difference 6 months can make!! I am definitely a lucky girl!!
TGIF, MOTHER HUGGERS (Miami Newborn Photography)
13 years ago

5 comments:
that's funny about the coke!! that would happen to me too except i would be the one to spill it!!
those flowers are pretty!!
that was actually the 2nd time this week that luis has spilled something one me. saturday night, it was water!
You are very blessed! I like when fun things happen on our birthdays to remind us of all the people that love us. I'm glad you had a great day. How's the wedding planning coming along?
The planning is going really well. Luis and I are spending tomorrow on getting more stuff done so I'll have to post an update sometime this weekend.
Happy Birthday Kim, and congrats on your engagement too!
Post a Comment