Monday, March 13, 2006

Someone call the Fire Department!!




So the night of salsa dancing didn't happen but I did get my cake with 30 candles. Well, it was a pie with 30 candles. I had to "remind" Luis on Sunday that he had never gotten me a cake with candles. He apparently wasn't listening when I told him what the significance for the candles was for me. So after dinner, we went to Pioneer Pies and bought a banana creme pie. Apparently, it's a very popular pie making company here in OKC and I now agree b/c it was "slap yo momma good"! (Carrie, that reference was for you ... fun times at Ridgecrest!) Then we went to Walmart for the candles and, of course, came out with $60 worth of stuff that we didn't intend to buy. Anyway, we got back to the house where the party started. Micah was with us and wanted to place all the candles so he and Luis loaded up the pie. Then we turned off all the lights and were able to get all the candles lit without anyone getting hurt. I made my wish and am pleased to announce that I was able to blow them all out with 1 big breath!!!!! Talk about a milestone!!! I would have never been able to do that without having had the "surgery that almost killed me". I almost started crying but was able to keep myself composed. It was definitely a great moment. You never realize how much you take breathing for granted until blowing out candles on a cake brings a tear to your eye! So the fire department reference comes in when we finally turned on all the lights and saw how much smoke was in the room. It was pretty funny but got even better when I looked at the camera to see the pics that Luis had taken. Do y'all see the huge cloud of smoke coming off the pie as I'm blowing the candles out??!! When we were done, Micah and I started goofing off with posing as if we were about to dig in to the pie face first with no hands. Luis told us that he didn't get the 1st pic and that we needed to pose again. As we were holding the position, Luis went and pushed Micah's face into the pie. It was so stinking funny! I told Luis that it was a good thing he did that to Micah and not me. I don't think that I would have found it quite as funny had I been the one with whipped cream up my nose! So far, 30 isn't all that bad. I've really had a great week!

7 comments:

Shandra said...

that's so fun!! i'm glad you had a good day/week. you look great girl!!

Shandra said...

carrie's out of town, but she will get a kick out of this!!

Kim said...

Thanks! I'm still feeling really, really good! I figured this week would be a quiet one with it being spring break and all.

Shandra said...

oh yeah. it definitely is. i haven't talked to carrie in a while tho

Anonymous said...

I'm BACK!!! I spent a week on a ship that took me to Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozymel. Wish I got lost there...but back to reality...Kim...LOVE the comment---those were the days!!! Remember this...I like me, I like me, I like the way that God made me, I LIKE ME!! HA!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad your b-day went well...glad you found the love of your life...isn't God good??!!!

Kim said...

glad you're back. missed you around here! see, you need a blog b/c you could be posting all your vacation pics and making everyone jealous! and speaking of ridgecrest, didn't you tell me that becca was pregnant? have you heard anymore from her?

Anonymous said...

Becca is pregnant...but I haven't heard anymore from her. I need to see if I still have her email address.