Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Bridal portraits


I guess in Oklahoma, "bridal portraits" aren't done. I've gotten some of the goofiest looks when I talk about having had them done. Maybe it's just a southern thing!

So anyway, I had my pics done about a 2 weeks ago and was just able to go pick out which one I wanted for the reception. It took me almost 2 hours to pick which one I wanted!!! I'm SOOO indecisive! Anyway, it dawned on me today that I could post a few since Luis is stuck in a little hotel room in Ft. Worth with no internet connections! So these pictures are the ones that my mom took over the shoulder of the photographer that day. This was one of the "cheesy pics" that we took but it's a good one to be able to see my entire dress. We were able to take my pictures there at the wedding chapel where we'll be married. I don't look to happy in any of the outdoor pictures but that's probably because it only felt like 100 degrees the day that we wanted to do them. And it was registering closer to 200 degrees under that dress! I was so stinking hot. When we went back inside, I had to find a floor vent to stand over so that I could cool off. I can't even begin to imagine how hot it's going to be on our actually wedding day!

One big thing that I've been dealing with, with the pictures, is whether or not to have my scars removed from them. Caleb (my photographer) mentioned that he could do that while I was at his studio the other day. At first it all sounded like a good idea but the more that I think about it, he might as well remove my right arm while he's at it. My scars are apart of me now and tell a huge story ... not just about what I went through, but of how Luis and I met and the way he stayed by my side during the entire ordeal. I think if they were from something stupid done years ago, I may feel differently, but for the time being, I've decided to leave them in all the pictures.

Well, I'll probably just leave these up for a couple of day because Luis is coming home this weekend (to help me finishing moving all my big stuff) and I'd hate for him to stumble across them. 4 more days til I get to see Luis!!!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Kim, you look bee-u-tee-ful! I think I'm going to use red with my dress...someday. Your mom's pics look pretty good so I bet the photographer's pics are awesome! I agree, I would leave the scars b/c of the story they tell about you two. How sweet! I bet you can't wait to see Luis in 4 days!

Anonymous said...

You look great, Kim!! My only question...were your pants on?! HA!!! I guess you can relive the RC days once you are on your honeymoon! I know what you mean about being hot...I about DIED! It's all worth it, though! Enjoy!!

Kim said...

Mandy - thanks for such a sweet comment! and you're right ... i'm just counting the hours til I see Luis!
Carrie - thanks for making me almost pee on myself. I had honestly forgotten about the "no pants" incident (memory is not quite like it used to be)! So how was good ol' Black Mountain, NC??!

Anonymous said...

Kim, glad I could make you smile! :) Black Mountain was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!! I took Jason up to Royal Gorge. They are redoing a lot of stuff, so it was kind of weird. The prayer garden has moved, new hotels, etc. The Shiny Shanty was still the same...HA! Are you SOOO ready to be married??? I guess you are excited at this point just to see Luis. I totally understand that!! Isn't love FUN?!

elly said...

Kim, you look beautiful - Luis will be speechless!!!

Shandra said...

kim...you look BEAUTIFUL!! i LOVE your dress! LOVE IT!! i sure hate i'm not going to be there on your special day. post LOTS of pics!!!