Sunday, January 14, 2007

Secrets Out

No, Luis and I are not having a baby ...

We finally sat down and talked to Hannah about being adopted. I think that Luis was scared to tell her for fear that she would not love him the same afterwards. The only thing that has changed is that she's been extremely clingy to Luis. Even crying when Luis left for work this morning. After we explained everything and asked her is she had any questions, all she came up with was, "Daddy, what's the first thing that you did with me when you got me? Did you take me to the fair?". Micah is coming over tonight to stay with us for about a week (Marci's having the baby tomorrow) and Hannah has decided that she wants to tell Micah about everything and just let me and Luis answer any questions that he has.
Last night, once Hannah went to bed, Luis and I were able to talk about how everything went and he feels a lot better about everything. And he admitted that it went a lot better than he thought.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, y'all are awesome! God is good...even through the valleys! :) I stand amazed at how much y'all have been through/will go through, yet your joy is always rubbing off on others!

Shandra said...

glad it went smoothly for y'all! i agree w/ what carrie said (i hate when i have to admit that!)

are y'all surviving the snow/ice storm?