Wednesday, July 11, 2007

RIP little buddy!

Urban hasn't been feeling so good lately and this afternoon he died on the way to the vet. I noticed yesterday that he was acting really weird and this morning it was worse. He wouldn't do anything and just wanted to be in my lap. Luis picked him up from the house this afternoon to take him to his appointment and he curled up in Luis' lap and stopped breathing just as Luis got to the vets office. Luis couldn't even make the call to tell me. He had the vet page me at work to tell me. They have funeral services at our vets office that are really pricey so Luis brought him home for us to bury in the yard. They fixed him up in a really nice "coffin". Hannah's not taking it well at all. I'm pretty sure this is her first experience with death so we're trying to help her understand. The vet asked about rat poison but we have none in the house so we're really not sure what happened. We had been trying to decide what to do with him, with the baby on the way and I guess the decision was made for us. It's going to take some time to get used to not having him around. Just being here without him running through the house is really wierd.


Urban Russell Prato

September 24, 2005 - July 11, 2007

1 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. I remember when our dog died (I was off to college) and I was so sad. But sounds like it's better off this way. Now you don't have to worry about it with a baby and now no more money spent on dog food, etc. It gets expensive!! Not sure why we got TWO! hehehe!