We had a blast trying to get a good "3 month" picture this afternoon! I love this one because he's already putting everything in his mouth so it was no surprise that the #3 ended up there as well.
We had a good check up at the doctor today too:
Weight: 14.7#, 85th percentile
Height: 24 1/4 in.. 65th percentile
(we're a little on the chuncky side!)
Russ even rolled over for the first time today and I completely missed it. He's rolled before but with assistance from me or Luis. He'd get about half way over and need a little push. But this afternoon, after our walk to the school to get Hannah and Micah, I put him on the floor for tummy time and ran to his room to get a short sleeve outfit and when I came back to the living room, he was on his back. I put him back in his tummy ... but, of course, he wouldn't do it again!
We're starting cereal in our nighttime bottle because we can almost sleep through the entire night. He actually slept 12 hours Tuesday night. You'd think that I slept just was well, but I was up every couple of hours checking on him. Last night he slept from 7-330, so we were close! Hopefully, the cereal tonight will help. Dr. Bartlow said today that if he's eating just as much and not really being satisfied, we may start food at 4 months. I've been tossing around the idea of making my own baby food. Has anyone else tried doing it on their own? It doesn't seem too hard.
Here's some more pics from today:
Looks like a mugshot!!!
Already a TV watcher!
OH, MY GOODNESS! I love this kid!!

3 comments:
i made baby food for the kids. their personal fav's were: avocado, sweet potato & peas. it's so easy to do too! don't buy anything fancy either to make it...you can use a blender (we did) or even mash it with a fork. go for it!
he's a cutie too!
do you just steam the veggies and then puree them? can i make bulk and freeze it? i'm sure that i could look all this up on the internet somewhere but it's much better getting advice from friends! :)
i boiled the sweet potatoes & i used frozen peas...just let them thaw and boiled them a bit. depending on if he has a texture problem (ethan did) you can mix a tiny bit of water with the veggies. the other two liked it thick; just not chunky. for the avocado, just get a very ripe one. i used the blender for that. it was the only way i could get it totally smooth.
we did freeze things. we saved our plastic gerber containers and froze everything in there. i also did carrots...but they did not love them. i just used canned carrots because they were much softer to mash. i'm all about mashing. :)
sorry for the book! :)
Post a Comment