The sounds of the hospital have taken on a new meaning with me. Hearing babies cry does something different to me now that I have my own. I hear people crying all day long but today, for the first time, I actually HEARD the gutwrenching cry of a mother who has lost a child. I went to Brady's funeral and never considered the possibility that I wouldn't be able to handle it. His mother sobbed all the way down the aisle of the church and sat just 2 rows away from her baby boy. As the service started, her crying became louder. I honestly thought that I was going to have to leave but since we (the hospital staff) were sitting on the 2nd row, I didn't want to make a scene. I can't imagine what they are going through right now. And through all of his moms tears, she told us that she would see us all next week. She's on several committees at the hospital and is now on a mission for all people to have access to RSV shots. Talk about an amazing woman!
Take time tonight to hug your kids a little tighter ... I already have!
TGIF, MOTHER HUGGERS (Miami Newborn Photography)
13 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment