Friday, August 15, 2008

Can't catch a break!

There must be a huge black cloud over Luis and I because we just can't seem to get ahead for anything!!


Last night I was sitting at the computer checking my email before Wheel of Fortune came on. Yes, Hannah and I compete to complete the puzzles ... I consider it good reading/learning/bonding time! :) There was a cut in on the TV about "Latebreaking News". The mention of Yukon caught my attention, as that's the next town over from us that Luis works in. I got up from the table and stood infront of the TV to see what was going on. Hannah was still outside playing at the time. The footage being shown was from a helicopter but the shot was tight on a police officer walking across a parking lot. I couldn't tell what was going on but the heading at the bottom of the TV read, "Shooting Investigation". The address was listed and I thought, "that sounds familiar. I wonder if that's the restaurant's address." Just about that time, the camera panned out and there was Las Fajitas Restaurant front and center. I felt as if someone had punched me in the stomach! I immediately ran to the phone to call Luis. He answered and I started screaming asking him if he was okay. He calmed me down and when I asked what happened, he said the police were there and he couldn't talk about it. I asked if it involved his boss, Rigo, and he said yes. I got hysterical again and told Luis that he was done with that job and was not going to have anything else to do with that man.


A little background on Rigo ... he and his wife divorced about a year ago and ever since then, he's been on this crazy downward spiral: not paying employees, not paying the bills, paranoid that his ex-wife was "out to get him". He's even accused Luis of partnering with his ex-wife to poison him in the food at the restaurant.


So I ended up having to go out the restaurant to take a set of keys to Luis and when we got home and after the kids were asleep, I got back on the computer to check the news stations website. I still had no idea what had happened. As I sat down at the computer, Luis called just to check in. I asked him again what happened and he said, "yes". I figured it was code for "I can't talk about it right now". The news page had loaded and said, "woman shot at local restaurant". I asked him if it was Rigo's ex-wife that was shot. He said, "Yes". The page continued to load and said, "suspect shoots himself". I asked Luis if Rigo had committed suicide and he said, "yes". Luis asked how I knew and I told him it was already on the internet. Luis called several more times before the police allowed him to leave at about 945 last night. Rigo's ex-wife is okay with only having been hit 1 time in the leg. Rigo fired off about 8 shots. He pistolwhipped her before he began shooting and her head injury was what was so concerning. She called us last night after she was released from the hospital and had to receive stitches to her head. Her and Rigo's 9 year old son, was in the car and saw all this happening on the parking lot. As of last night, he didn't know that his dad committed suicide.


Needless to say, Luis didn't sleep very well last night. While I was awake, there were 2 different times that he jerked really hard and woke up. He said that he was falling in his dream but I think that he's having nightmares.


Please keep Luis in your prayers as he begins to process all this that has happened. We also need MAJOR prayer for a new job, AND QUICK! We're stuggling to make ends meet already and now things are just going to get worse.

Please keep Rigo's ex-wife and kids in your prayers as well. They have a long road of recovery ahead of them!



http://www.koco.com/news/17194805/detail.html

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I think you need to write a book about y'alls life!!! I'll be praying for the right job for Luis. Believe me, I completely understand!!

Kim said...

The book title would be, "You've got to be kidding me!"

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, sorry to hear what is going on down there. I will keep ya'll in my prayers.

Jodi