I can't believe that I'm confessing this but I did one of the scariest things I've ever done today!!!!
Luis and I met up for lunch after Russell's doctors appointment. Even though we were in different cars, Luis was getting Russell in and out of the car. Well after lunch, we parted ways, as I was going shopping and Luis was getting his oil changed. Russell had fallen asleep at the restaurant and was still asleep when Luis put him in the car. I called my mom on the way to the store to tell her about his doctors appointment. I arrived at the store, still on the phone with mom and went on in the store. I'm only in the store for maybe 30-45 seconds when mom says, "give him a big hug and kiss for me". That's when I thought, I'll just have to do that when I see him, since Luis has him ... wait, no ... I have him ... don't I ... where ... OH, MY GOD, I LEFT HIM IN THE CAR. I took off running out of the store and across the parking lot to find my sweet little boy still asleep in his carseat. I called Luis in a panic about what I had done. I cannot believe that I did this!!!! I don't even want to think about what I would have found had my mom not said something about him! Thank you, Jesus!!
TGIF, MOTHER HUGGERS (Miami Newborn Photography)
13 years ago

4 comments:
i've definitely come close to doing that. i swear giving birth kills brain cells! i'm glad he's okay and you remembered so quickly!
i have to remind myself sometimes that i have mine with me! we've been doing summer play days and having babysitters some this summer, so i've been able to run errands and things by myself alot. since stone is 4 i don't have to worry because he will remind me if i forget his sister, but it does worry me sometimes that i forget briefly that they're with me!!
my mom suggested that i start putting my purse in the backseat with russell. that way, i'll have to always get in the backseat for it. i still can't believe that i did that. it still scares me to think how close i was to being one of "those parents" that end up on the news!
Post a Comment